Pack of 1
Specifically designed for fixing all types of wooden floors directly onto all common substrates, eliminating the need for battens. Lumberjack 550 is based on the latest developments in hybrid polymer technology.
Lumberjack 550 Floor Adhesive
Lumberjack 550 is a high specification, cartridge/foil applied product, specifically designed for fixing all types of wooden floors directly onto all common substrates, eliminating the need for battens. Lumberjack 550 is based on the latest developments in hybrid polymer technology.
- *100% active, solvent and water free – will not cause warpage or curl of wood blocks/planks.
- Permanently flexible – compensates for subfloor movement. .
- Will bond wood directly to all common subfloors, e.g. concrete, wood, metal, ceramic tiled, vinyl, marble, granite and most natural stone floors.
- Suitable for use with underfloor heating (due to high flexibility)
- Excellent gap filling properties for uneven surfaces
- Full bed elastic product gives excellent sound deadening/acoustic properties.
- Always check with flooring manufacturer re: any specific instructions/requirements specifically relating to their flooring before fitting floors.
- Do not use against bitumen or substrates that bleed oil or plasticizers
- Do not use, store or allow to cure below +5oC.
The surfaces to be glued must be sound, clean, dry and free from dust, grease and other contaminants. Existing floors must be free from all polish/wax. Prime/stabilise friable concrete/anhydrite and floors with residual adhesive with Lumberjack M.B Primer before application. New concrete must be allowed 4 weeks to dry and mature. Always check moisture level of subfloor if moisture levels in subfloor are above those recommended by the flooring manufacturer, damp proof the floor with at least two coats of Lumberjack M.B Primer as directed. (See limitations section). Chipboard must be free of release agents/wax. Very porous or friable surfaces should first be primed with Lumberjack M.B Primer and allowed to dry. Basement/below ground floors must be adequately protected with a D.P.C and two coats of Lumberjack M.B Primer applied as directed. Under floor heating must be turned off 48 hours before and 48 hours after the adhesive has been applied.
FLOORING: The parquet flooring MUST be acclimatized for several days in the room where it is to be installed. Leave in original packaging during this period.
All installations and sub floor preparations must be carried out in line with the relevant British or international standards. Cut of tip of sausage and place into suitable cartridge. Cut of top of nozzle flat to leave an 8mm opening. Cut a V shaped profile down into nozzle to a depth of approximately approx 10mm. Fix nozzle and place cartridge containing sausage in sealant gun. Hold gun at 90` to floor and extrude out a triangular shaped bead, approx 8mm wide and 10mm high at ca. 250mm centres at right angles to the length of the plank.